Oscillating Drop Generator for Interfacial Rheology
Emulsion systems, Foam Research, Thin Films, Mono- and Double-layer systems, etc.
- Software controlled, piezoelectric device for the generation of liquid oscillating and relaxing drops.
- Optical measurement of drop deformation response for the investigation of viscoelastic properties (e.g. real and imaginary part of the interfacial dilatational modulus, and for linear and nonlinear interfacial rheology investigation) of emulsion systems, liquid/gas or liquid/liquid interfaces in several different excitation modes, independently;
- Harmonic volume (area) mode
- Relaxational mode
- Programmable wave forms: sinusoidal wave form for drop oscillations and step function for drop relaxations control for drop volume and drop area for volume jump, temperature jump, surface area jump, etc. study
- Dynamic surface/interfacial tension measuring range: 0.01…2000 mN/m
- Frequency range of drop oscillation: 0…50 Hz (viscosity dependant)
- Frequency of pressure sensor: > 10 kHz
- Data analysis rate of the pressure sensor: ← 2 kHz